YOU CAN BE IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE
Want to take a class or two at Gateway while you’re enrolled at another college? Here’s how to apply for admission.
We welcome visiting students from other colleges who want to round out their studies with classes at Gateway. If you’re not currently enrolled in another school, apply as a first-time freshman or transfer student.
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply to Gateway as a visiting student, and we’re here to help. Just follow these four steps:
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Submit a visiting student application.
- Explore financial aid. Visiting students are eligible for Financial Aid by completing a Consortium Agreement. Please contact the financial aid office at your home college to complete the request.
Questions? Give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to welcoming you to Gateway!
Technology for your classes
All in-person and online courses at Gateway use Blackboard which is a learning management system. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all Gateway students have a computer with reliable Internet access. Smart phones, tablets and/or Chromebooks may not provide reliable access. Course specific technology requirements are outlined below in the “Required Text(s), Tools and/or Supplies” section.
A computer with the following specs should be sufficient for online learning:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (8 or higher)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GM RAM or more is highly recommended)
- 20 GB of available hard-drive space
- Screen resolution set to 1280 X 1024
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted Internet access; minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers
The Help Desk is available to answer your questions about Blackboard. Contact the KCTCS Online Technical Help Desk at any time 24/7.