Students with GEDs
TAKE THE NEXT STEP TOWARD SUCCESS
Do you have a GED? You’ll fit right in at Gateway. Here’s how to join the Gateway family and build a better future.
How to Apply
Gateway welcomes students who have earned GEDs instead of graduating from high school. The application process is straightforward, and we’re here to help. Just follow these four easy steps:
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Send us your final GED transcripts and all colleges you've attended.
Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College
Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- If you do not have a high school GPA or test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway here.
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- Explore financial aid. Scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable. Here’s how.
Finally, get ready to join a community of caring people who are invested in your success.
Questions? Contact us. We look forward to meeting you!
Technology for your classes
All in-person and online courses at Gateway use Blackboard which is a learning management system. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all Gateway students have a computer with reliable Internet access. Smart phones, tablets and/or Chromebooks may not provide reliable access.
A computer with the following specs should be sufficient for online learning:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (8 or higher)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GM RAM or more is highly recommended)
- 20 GB of available hard-drive space
- Screen resolution set to 1280 X 1024
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted Internet access; minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers
The Help Desk is available to answer your questions about Blackboard. Contact the KCTCS Online Technical Help Desk at any time 24/7.