Veteran-Affairs | GCTC

COVID-19 Updates

Stay Healthy. Stay Informed. Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates:

Veteran Affairs


We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to Gateway and start building a better future.

Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online, or prepare for a job in one of our Go to Work programs. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.

How to Apply

The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:

  1. Submit your application for admission. Which application you use depends on your benefits:
  2. Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
  3. Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:

    • ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, GED College Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
    • If you do not have test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway here.
    • Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
  4. Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military. We also offers scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.

Concurrent Admission

If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.

If you are receiving veteran or survivor benefits through the VA or the State of Kentucky, we’re here for you, every step of the way. Contact us.

Through the Office of Veterans Affairs any eligible student can make an application for VA Educational benefits. These include:


Please follow instructions and note deadlines.

Find out what you need to do if you have never made application for your VA Educational benefits.

I'm a Returning student how do I notify the VA Office that I'm Enrolled?

Section 702 (The Choice Act)

Kentucky and Gateway are in compliance with Section 702 (The Choice Act) for in-state resident rate requirement. If you are receiving VA education benefits and are being charged out-of-state tuition, please contact us immediately to resolve this matter.

*GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)*.​