JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to Gateway and start building a better future.
Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online, or prepare for a job in one of our Go to Work programs. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:
- Submit your application for admission. Which application you use depends on your benefits:
- Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:
- ACT, SAT, KYOTE or TABE A
- Gateway offers placement tests if you do not have ACT, SAT, KYOTE or TABE A scores. Schedule a test by calling (859) 442-4115
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
- Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military.
We also offers scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.
If you are receiving veteran or survivor benefits through the VA or the State of Kentucky, we’re here for you, every step of the way. Contact us.
Through the Office of Veterans Affairs any eligible student can make an application for VA Educational benefits. These include:
- CHAPTER 30 (Montgomery GI Bill/Active Duty Educational Assistance Program)
- CHAPTER 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- CHAPTER 33 (The Post-9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008)
- CHAPTER 35 (Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program)
- CHAPTER 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill/Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program)
Please follow instructions and note deadlines.
Find out what you need to do if you have never made application for your VA Educational benefits.
I'm a Returning student how do I notify the VA Office that I'm Enrolled?
Section 702 (The Choice Act)
Kentucky and Gateway are in compliance with Section 702 (The Choice Act) for in-state resident rate requirement. If you are receiving VA education benefits and are being charged out-of-state tuition, please contact us immediately to resolve this matter.