First Time Freshman
LET’S GET THIS JOURNEY STARTED
New to college? Here’s how to apply to Gateway and start building a better tomorrow—right here in your own backyard.
Apply as a freshman if you’ve never taken a college class or if you took dual-credit, SEEK, or dual-enrolled classes in high school. If you’ve taken college classes, apply as a transfer student.
How to Apply
Applying to Gateway is easy, and we’ll be with you at every step of the way. Just follow these four steps:
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Send us your final high school or GED transcript.
Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, GED College Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- If you do not have test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway here.
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
- Explore financial aid. Our generous scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable.
And that’s it! You’re on your way to the future of your dreams.
If you have questions along the way, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!