Are you a former Gateway student? If you've been away less than 12 months, contact your advisor.
If you've been away more than 12 months, here’s how to apply for readmission and restart your journey toward a better tomorrow.
How to Apply
Returning to Gateway is easy, no matter how long you’ve been gone. We’re here for you, every step of the way. Just follow these simple steps:
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- If you've taken classes at another college since leaving Gateway, be sure to submit your transcripts. We want you to get credit for the courses you've taken. Ask your college to send transcripts to our Office of Admission.
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- If you do not have test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway here.
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
Finally, congratulate yourself for taking the next step toward a great future!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need help. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gateway family!
Technology for your classes
All in-person and online courses at Gateway use Blackboard which is a learning management system. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all Gateway students have a computer with reliable Internet access. Smart phones, tablets and/or Chromebooks may not provide reliable access.
A computer with the following specs should be sufficient for online learning:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (8 or higher)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GM RAM or more is highly recommended)
- 20 GB of available hard-drive space
- Screen resolution set to 1280 X 1024
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted Internet access; minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers
The Help Desk is available to answer your questions about Blackboard. Contact the KCTCS Online Technical Help Desk at any time 24/7.