CONTINUE YOUR JOURNEY WITH GATEWAY
Ready for a new educational adventure? Transfer to Gateway and continue building a better future. Here’s how to apply.
Apply as a transfer student if you have earned college credits from another college or university. If you haven’t taken college classes, apply as a first-time freshman.
How to Apply
It’s easy to transfer to Gateway, and we’re here to help. Just follow these four steps:
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Submit your official college transcripts. You can order them online or ask your college’s records office to send them to us.
Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College
Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- If you do not have a high school GPA or test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway here.
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- Explore financial aid. Scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable. Here’s how.
And that’s it! You’ve taken the next step in a promising educational journey.
Questions about transferring to Gateway? Contact us. We’re happy to walk you through the process and help you create the future you deserve.
Technology for your classes
All in-person and online courses at Gateway use Blackboard which is a learning management system. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all Gateway students have a computer with reliable Internet access. Smart phones, tablets and/or Chromebooks may not provide reliable access.
A computer with the following specs should be sufficient for online learning:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (8 or higher)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GM RAM or more is highly recommended)
- 20 GB of available hard-drive space
- Screen resolution set to 1280 X 1024
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted Internet access; minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers
The Help Desk is available to answer your questions about Blackboard. Contact the KCTCS Online Technical Help Desk at any time 24/7.