A GREAT EDUCATION IS WITHIN REACH
Whether you’ve been out of high school for four years or 40, we will help you build a better future. Here’s everything you need to know about applying to Gateway as an adult student.
There’s associate degrees or a certificate, or you can explore your interests in continuing education classes—whatever your goals are, we have a program for you. Many of our programs are especially designed for working adults, with classes on Saturdays and online.
Applying to Gateway as an adult student is easy, and we’ll support you every step of the way.
Apply for Degree & Certificate Programs
- Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes 15 minutes to complete.
- Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
Submit required test scores to the Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus:
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College
Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- If you do not have a high school GPA or test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway here.
- Students with transferable credits may be exempt based upon transcript evaluation
- ACT, Accuplacer, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College Readiness, SAT, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic are accepted for admission
- Explore financial aid. Our generous scholarships, grants and loans make a great education even more affordable. Here’s how.
Questions about applying to Gateway as an adult? Give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!
Technology for your classes
All in-person and online courses at Gateway use Blackboard which is a learning management system. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all Gateway students have a computer with reliable Internet access. Smart phones, tablets and/or Chromebooks may not provide reliable access.
A computer with the following specs should be sufficient for online learning:
- Macintosh OS X (10.12 or higher) or Windows PC (8 or higher)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GM RAM or more is highly recommended)
- 20 GB of available hard-drive space
- Screen resolution set to 1280 X 1024
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted Internet access; minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers
The Help Desk is available to answer your questions about Blackboard. Contact the KCTCS Online Technical Help Desk at any time 24/7.