Returning-Student | GCTC

I’m a Returning student - how do I notify the VA Office that I’m Enrolled?

To receive VA Educational Benefits at this College you notify Gateway’s VA Office each semester once you've officially registered for your courses.

Course Work

As a VA recipient you CANNOT receive payment for any of the following situations:

  • Take a course/class that does not apply toward your degree objective.
  • Take a course/class for personal enrichment.
  • Repeat any course/class you've already successfully passed.
  • Audit a course/class
  • Take any "Learn Anytime" courses. This program is NOT approved for VA Educational benefits.
  • Repeat a course you have an "I" Incomplete grade for.

Can I change my Program/Degree objective?

  • YES, Student can change their major in their student self-service account using My Path. Once completed, contact the VA Office.

Can I pursue more than one program at the same time?

  • NO, As a VA recipient you CANNOT pursue more than one program at the same time.


Kentucky National Guard Member

  • Tuition Assistance is available by completing the online process here.
  • Deadlines are: 1 April for Summer and Fall semesters and 1 October for Spring semester
  • If you miss the deadlines you are locked out of the application system. Please contact your Readiness NCO at Unit level.
  • Boone National Guard Center will load this info for ALL institutions in the State and our VA office with load this award information for the Cashiers Office and the institutions system to hold your classes.
  • Changes in location of training cannot be made by the VA office on campus, the Guards member MUST contact Boone National Guard Center at: 502-607-1309.

Federal Tuition Assistance Kentucky National Guard

Active Duty Military Withdraw Process