Preparing for your Advising Appointment!
Wondering what to expect and how to prepare for your meeting with an advisor? We have you covered!
Take a few minutes to set up your User Profile Account and Password.
- Your student ID number – 9 digit number.
- Your Gateway username and password (it is the same login used for MyPath).
- If you have a laptop you plan to use for college, you may find it helpful to use it during your virtual or on campus advising meeting.
- List of questions you may want to ask the advisor.
- Consider reviewing the class start date options on our academic calendars.
- You can find our campus addresses here.
- For Urban campus meetings at TIE, use the Midtown garage on 5th and Scott. You’ll validate the parking ticket on the first floor at TIE.
- Check in at the Information Commons and they will let your advisor know you’ve arrived.
- Need to switch from on campus to virtual – let us know and we’ll give you a link to join online.
- Joining your meeting:
- Find the email from OnceHub Mailer - subject line SCHEDULED for your virtual conferencing information.
- Click on the link posted in your confirmation email at the time of your appointment.
- Your advisor will join you at the scheduled time. Occasionally advisors are delayed. If you don’t see the advisor or an email from them within five minutes of your appointment time, contact us.
- If you are running late, try to let us know.
- Tips for success:
- Virtual meetings are best by computer, but you can join using tablets, iPads, or smartphone devices.
- Try to pick a place that is quiet and free of distraction.
- If you are in a public setting, consider wearing headphones with a microphone.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection.
- Consider a test call from your device to see if your sound and mic are working.
- Consider downloading the Teams app.
- Need to switch from on campus to virtual – let us know and we’ll give you a link to join online
- Feeling sick or been around someone who’s sick? Please reschedule or opt for a virtual meeting.
- You'll find our contact information on this page under "Contact Us".
- Connecting with the Advising:
- Paying for college
Still have questions? Follow links for more information about Financial Aid or paying for college, Student User Account, Blackboard, or check our FAQ. The Information Commons can be reached at (859) 441-4500, then press zero. The KCTCS Student Service Center is able to assist you 24/7 online or by phone at 1-855-465-2827.
Download the KCTCS app to stay updated with all things happening on campus and to ask questions about anything Gateway related. The app makes it easy to view assignments, check your email, connect with fellow students, and more! Download the app for free on your mobile phone or tablet.