Gateway Advisors follow a model called SMART: Student Mentoring through Advising, Retention, and Transitions. SMART is designed to help you start college on the right foot. Find your program SMART Plan with required classes here.
New Students – Getting Started
Each new student meets with an advisor for their individual appointment after completing admissions steps and online orientation. Ready to schedule advising and choose classes? Call us at (859) 442-1630 or complete this form and we will call you.
As a new student, you will register for classes with assistance from your advisor, during your advising appointment.
We want to know what you think! Please take a moment to tell us about your Academic Advising experience
Get Informed by accessing your Student Homepage:
- Student Self-Service is where you’ll find your personal schedule, grades, enrollment, financial aid, billing, and other helpful information. You can access yours by going to Gateway’s webpage (gateway.kctcs.edu), click on Current Students in the upper left corner, and then choose MyPath on the next screen. You will then see a box labeled Student Self-Service that will take you to your Student Homepage.
- Check your To-Do List by clicking on the Tasks tile from your Student Homepage to see if anything needs your attention. Click on each item to find out what action you need to take.
- Check your Financial Aid status under the Financial Aid tile on your Student Homepage. For questions, contact financial aid by stopping at any Information Commons desk or calling 1-855-3GO-GCTC.
- Check your Bill under the Account Balance tile from the Student Homepage. Payment is due seven calendar days before the semester begins (unless you have financial aid set up). Payment plans are available. For questions, contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-442-4174.
Get Your Student ID Card:
- Take a copy of your class schedule to one of the Gateway Information Commons desks no earlier than 10 days before your first class begins. They’ll take your picture and print your ID card FREE of charge.
Check Your Gateway Email:
- Gateway frequently communicates by email. You don’t want to miss any announcements or individual messages from Professors, Advisors, or Financial Aid. Your email will be active 24 hours after you enroll in classes. To access your school email, go to Gateway’s webpage (gateway.kctcs.edu) and click on Current Students, then choose MyPath. You will see a box that says Email. You will need your Username and Password to access your school email.
- To get your school email on your smart phone, start at the Gateway webpage (gateway.kctcs.edu), then click on Current Students. Scroll down until you see “add email to your Android or iPhone” link for detailed instructions.
Get Your Textbooks:
Books can be purchased or ordered at our Bookstore, Information Commons Kiosks, or online
- Bookstore: Boone Campus: 500 Technology Way, Florence, KY 41042, (859) 815-7630
- Take your class schedule and Student ID to Gateway’s bookstore when purchasing books
- Kiosk: Located at every campus Information Commons location. These kiosks will accept Financial Aid, credit card and PayPal.
- Once you place your order, items can be:
- Shipped to your home
- Picked up from the Edgewood Information Commons desk
- Picked up from the Urban Metro Information Commons desk
- Or picked up from the Boone Campus bookstore
- Online: You may purchase textbooks online at kctcs.bncollege.com and choose in store pick up or shipping to your address
Current Students – Advising and Registration
As a current student at Gateway you’ll be assigned an academic advisor who will help you plan your classes, make sure you’re on track to graduate, give you career advice, and more.
Still need to choose summer and fall classes? Join our Virtual Advising Sessions using Blackboard Collaborate:
- Your Blackboard Collaborate Virtual Advising session lets you to interact online and screen-share
- Join with this link to Blackboard Collaborate - we recommend Chrome as your browser
- When you join, you’ll be added to an advising room so you can work one-on-one with an advisor
- To get the most out of your advising session - we recommend, when prompted, you share your audio and video using your computer’s speakers, microphone, and camera
Is your faculty advisor out of the office for the summer?
No worries, we’re here for you while they are away. Get answers online by completing this short form below.
Visual Schedule Builder: Create Your Schedule and Register for Classes
- Sign into your Student Self-Service account at the top of Gateway’s website.
- From your Student Center, click on the green button: New! Create Your Schedule.
- Choose your term and preferred campus.
- Add each class (example: “ENG 101”) by typing it in the Select Course box, then click Select. Generated Results will appear on the right, if not click “Generate Schedules.”
- Use the gray arrows to explore. Too many options? Narrow your results:
- Specify online or on-campus Note: “Cov. & Park Hills” campus must be selected to view Gateway’s online options.
- When you find a class you want, click on it to put a red pin in it to narrow your results.
- Once you’ve pinned all your courses, click on Get this Schedule.
- To register, click Do Actions. Each class should say If any say Failed, email your advisor a picture of the screen with your ID number for assistance.
- To review your final schedule, click on Return to Add Classes then View my Class Schedule. If the schedule shows up in Calendar View, choose List View for more