Kentucky Child Care Provider
(3 Total Credit Hours)
Child Care Assistant
(9 total credit hours)
Early Childhood Administrator
(12 total credit hours)
School Age Child Care
(15 total credit hours)
- All of the IEC classes are offered online hybrid (with synchronous meeting times in
- Additional Expenses: Students must have the following: 1) a criminal background record
check ($20); 2) a child abuse/neglect check ($10); 3) a TB test showing ‘0’ mm of
induration or a Physician’s statement if chest x-ray was needed or waiver documented
by health assessment (cost varies by health provider/co-pay); 4) KCTCS Liability Insurance
($11/semester billed to student account).
- Current CDA yields credit for IEC 101, IEC 102.
- New students contact Sarah Smith (email@example.com) to enroll into the department
webpage. Students will upload required background check and TB test there, as well
as receive important department information.
- KidsNow Scholarship is available for KY residents working in licensed/certified centers/homes
20 or more hours per week. Tuition paid by KHEAA when the employer agrees to participate.
Students must enroll in 9 hours or less per term, complete an online KHEAA application
each term and complete an annual FAFSA. Max. annual amount is $1800.00.
- Students must obtain a grade of C or greater in all IEC courses.
- At least 25 percent of the approved curriculum for any certificate, diploma or degree
must be completed at the student’s home college.
Learn more about Gateway's General Education Offerings here.
Learn more about KCTCS General Education Offerings here.
Find the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Program KCTCS Catalog here.