Air Conditioning Technology (HVAC) - AAS
(61-64 Total Credit Hours)
EPA Certification Test fee of $45.00 required.
|ACR 100 Refrigeration Fundamentals (first eight weeks)||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 101 Refrigeration Fundamentals Lab (first eight weeks)||2||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 102 HVAC Electricity (second eight weeks) *||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 103 HVAC Electricity Lab (second eight weeks)*|
|Digital Literacy - CIT 105 Introduction to Computers or OST 105 Introduction to Office Systems (or Competency demonstrated by exam)||0-3||All|
|ENG 101 Writing I||3||All|
|ACR 130 Electrical Components||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 131 Electrical Components Lab||2||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 170 Heat Load/Duct Design||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 260 Heating and Humidification||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 262 Heating and Humidification Lab||2||Fall/Spring|
|MAT 110 Applied Mathematics (or higher level Quantitative Reasoning course)||3||All|
|ACR 250 Cooling and Dehumidification||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 251 Cooling and Dehumidification Lab||2||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 270 Heat Pump Application||3||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 271 Heat Pump Application Lab||2||Fall/Spring|
|ACR 290 Journeyman Prep||3||Fall/Spring|
|Natural Science General Education course||3||All|
|Technical Elective (rec. PLB 105 Plumbing Principles)||3||Fall/Spring|
|Heritage or Humanities General Education course||3||All|
|Social/Behavioral Science General Education course||3||All|
|Technical Elective(s) (rec EGY 240 Energy Efficiency and Analysis)||4||Fall/Spring|
|Technical Elective(s) (rec. PLB 100 Basic Theory of Plumbing)||3||Fall|
- * Comparable Electric Courses: EET 154/155 or (ELT 110 and ELT 114) or IMT 110/111
- ** ACR 290 Journeyman Prep is highly recommended as it is required as the exit exam for Air Conditioning program
- Other courses may be substituted at the discretion of the program coordinator (10 credit hours technical electives required).
- Progression in the program is contingent upon achievement of a grade of C or greater in each technical course, (including those selected as technical electives), and maintenance of a 2.0 cumulative GPA or above (on a 4.0 scale).
- At least 25 percent of the approved curriculum for any certificate, diploma or degree must be completed at the student’s home college.
Learn more about Gateway's General Education Offerings here.
Learn more about KCTCS General Education Offerings here.
KCTCS Catalog - Air Conditioning Technology - AAS