Student Success Coaching Program
What is Student Success Coaching?
Gateway's Student Success Coaching Program was designed to help you be successful in college by providing individual support and helping you find and use resources you may need to reach your goals. Our Student Success Coaches will help you be successful beyond your academic needs. Our coaching team is made up of peer coaches and professional coaches. If you are part of this program, you would be required to meet with your Success Coach three times out of the semester; one of those meeting would be a workshop.
Students we work with:
- Recommended by staff/faculty
- Students having academic struggles
- Students needing motivational support
Hi, everyone! I'm Sophia and I'm pursuing my BFA in Spatial Arts at NKU. In addition to being a part of the Student Success Coaching Program, I also provide tutoring services for Biology. I am so excited to work with you to help you have a great semester!
I just graduated from Gateway last semester with my Associates in Social Work/Human Services. I am a mom of 2 and soon to be 3 and have been married for almost 4 years. I am starting my first full semester at NKU to continue my education and receive my BSW. It is my dream to work with children, and families in some way once I am done with school.
Hi, my name is Anita Zike Adkins. I am currently the Director of TRIO Project ASPIRE, a federal grant here at Gateway to serve low income (Pell eligible), first generation (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree) college students. I earned my associate degree in Human Services and a bachelor’s degree in Social Work from NKU (97’, 99’). I earned my master’s degree in Social Work from the University of Kentucky (05’). I have worked in higher education/TRIO for 19 years, and love working with college students. I have three children and 4 grandchildren. I find joy in nature and music.
Hello! My name is Jessica Elam and I am a Ready to Work Coordinator here at Gateway. The Ready to Work program is a program for student parents that are pursuing an educational goal. My office is in the TIE building, but I travel to every campus. I am a Gateway Alumni and transferred to NKU to pursue my degree in Social Work. I enjoy being able to help others and trying to make a difference in someone else’s life.
I am Brandi Mulligan and I am a Louisville, KY native. I am a 2017 graduate of Northern Kentucky University and am currently pursuing my Masters of Public Administration at NKU. During my time at NKU, I served as the Vice President of NPHC and the president and Vice President of the Alpha Rho chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. After graduation, I served with AmeriCorps as a Vista with NKU’s Student Engagement office, as well as the Interim Director of NKU’s Early Childhood Center. I currently serve as the professional Success Coach here at Gateway.
An educator for the past 15 years, I have served as an academic advisor, college access manager, and diversity/inclusion educator. I am currently the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Gateway. I assisted with the transformation of student programming and retention services which provided resources needed to navigate academic, social, and co- curricular activities. My passion is to empower others guides me as she I lead training and programming to ensure Gateway is an inclusive and culturally competent space. Originally from Dayton, Ohio I hold a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology and Master of Education in Higher Education Administration from Wright State University, in Dayton, Ohio. I am an active member of the Cincinnati/ Northern Kentucky region, a graduate of Leadership Northern Kentucky Class of 2015, a past participant in the Higher Education Collaborative of Greater Cincinnati’s Women’s Institute for Leadership Development, a member of the NKY Branch of the NAACP, and a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Hi! My name is Bethany Foxx and I am the Pre-Nursing Advisor here at Gateway. I have a Bachelor's in Psychology from the University of Kentucky (GO CATS!) and I have been working at Gateway since 2014. I love working with students and helping them reach their goals. I am a Momma to a crazy little boy, a tap dancer, and in my spare time, you will usually find a book in my hand.
How to schedule an appointment:
- Log into your Starfish account via Blackboard.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top left hand corner.
- Select the Schedule Appointment below the contact information for the desired person or service in the My Success Network or Courses channel.
- Use the small calendar on the left to quickly identify the days with available office hours (available days will be shown in bold). Click the desired date in the small monthly calendar to display availability on that day.
- Available time slots on the selected day will include a Sign Up link. Click the Sign Up link associated with the desired time slot.
- This opens the Add Appointment form. Complete the form by selecting a reason for the meeting and a course (if relevant). Include an explanation of what your needs are so that your coach can be prepared for the meeting.
- Click Submit to set the appointment. You will get an email with the appointment details and an email calendar invite
Success Coach Resources:
- Log into your Blackboard account via MyPath.
- Click the organizations tab on Blackboard.
- Find the organization titled, "Success Coaching."
- There you will find the coaches and any resources needed.
How to contact us: