Our department is here to provide support to students struggling with non-academic issues. Our role is to empower students, to assist them in overcoming life barriers, and to support academic retention at Gateway. We offer crisis intervention, personal support, therapeutic case management, support groups, and resources.
After Hours Emotional Crisis: Contact NorthKey Community Care 859-331-3292
What we can help with:
- Family Crisis
- Emotional Distress
- Relationship issues
- Online Mental Health Screenings
- Food assistance
- Public benefits
- Career assessments
- Job search
- Resume building
- Interviewing skills
- And more
Urban (TIE): Room UB 409
Edgewood (SSS): Room E105M
Boone (CAM): Room B01E
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Need more information or virtual assistance?
Access our Counseling Department Blackboard Collaborate if you would like more information about counseling, career, or student resources.
Also, students, faculty, and staff can access the counseling department staff virtually by using Blackboard Collaborate.
This section is for faculty who would like a counseling staff member to attend their class and present on different topics. Also, we have helpful videos that can be accessed at any time. Faculty can utilize these videos to present to their classes without requesting a staff member to be present.
- Manage or minimize the amount of time spent on social media and news. It might be helpful to take a break from media sources at times. Taking breaks is healthy and can help preserve your mental health.
- Feeling like you do not know what to do is ok. This is a difficult time and not knowing all the answers is understandable.
- Take time for self-care! Relax or do something with loved ones.
- Talk with family and friends. When talking to family and friends, consider their boundaries about the topic to avoid frustration.
- Avoid conversations with people who may be confrontational about the topic.
- Exercise and meditate to help with stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Reach out to a licensed counselor if your feelings of anxiety, depression, or anger becomes overwhelming or if you just need to talk.
- Make time for fun to get your mind off things.