Ready to Work
The Ready to Work Program serves low-income student parents who are currently enrolled at Gateway Community & Technical College. Students in this program receive individualized services that help support their family/school/work balance including counseling, advising, and career development. Our main goal is to support and encourage students from enrollment to graduation.
Paid Work Study Positions
Ready to Work can provide students with employment at $7.25 per hour from 20/30 hours per week and will not reduce your K-TAP income. The Ready to Work Program also assists with referrals to community resources, plans that meet KTAP requirements, & job readiness training.
When you become a Ready to Work participant, we help you:
- Assess career goals and options
- Meet and network with peers
- Student success workshops
- Complete the Department of Community Based Services Verification forms (enrollment, employment, housing, income, etc.)
- We work closely with your KTAP Case Manager, to assist with overcoming barriers to your self-sufficiency.
We can work with your K-TAP case manager to access:
- School supplies
- $250.00 graduation bonus
- Childcare and transportation
- Interview attire
- Car repair funds
The program is a collaborative between the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) and the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
For more information, contact:
Urban Metro Campus - TIE
516 Madison Ave.
Covington, KY 41011
Edgewood Campus – Student Services Center
790 Thomas More Parkway
Edgewood, KY 41017