Important Financial Aid Dates*
The anticipated dates associated with the start dates below represent the earliest date funds can be applied to your account and is not a guarantee of when aid will disburse, or a refund will be processed for a particular student. Many factors can prevent disbursement. You are responsible for making sure all items on your TASKS tile are complete. Incomplete items will delay or even prevent the disbursement of financial aid to your student account.
Students whose enrollment changes before or after aid is disbursed may have financial aid awards adjusted to reflect a change in aid eligibility. This may result in charges owed to the College even after a refund has been processed.
All refunds are processed through BankMobile. To activate your BankMobile account or to choose your refund preference, log into your MyPath> Student Self-Service > Account Balance tile to select your refund preference. You can also select, change an existing preference, or update your address or bank account information at BankMobile.
Failure to choose a refund preference or to update if your address or bank account information has changed will result in a delay in any refund to which you may be entitled. Please note that if your mailing address has changed and you have updated it with the College, you are still required to update it with BankMobile separately.
Refunds are processed on Wednesday evenings. This is not the date funds will be available to you. It can take several business days for refunds to be available in your bank account. Paper checks are mailed the Friday after the Wednesday refund process date.
Bookstore Charges Using Financial Aid
Students whose financial aid exceeds their charges and who have signed a Financial Aid/Bookstore Release form may make purchases from either our campus bookstore located at the Boone Campus or the KCTCS online bookstore. For students whose classes begin in the 16- week or the 1st 8-week session, there is an automated bookstore charge process. Eligible students can make charges online or visit the campus bookstore without contacting financial aid.
For those whose classes do not begin until the 12-week or 2nd 8-week session, please contact the Financial Aid Office once it is within the dates posted for that session. If you are eligible for a voucher, a voucher will be sent to the bookstore on your behalf.
Spring 2024 Disbursement, Refund, and Bookstore Dates
If attendance is confirmed in:
- Initial disbursements to student accounts for eligible students are scheduled to begin 2/11/2024.
- Initial refunds for eligible students are scheduled to begin processing on 2/14/2024.
- If you have a borrowed a one semester loan for spring only, the second half cannot disburse until March 14, 2024 at the earliest.
- Bookstore Charges for eligible students will begin 12/29/2023 for use in the KCTCS online bookstore. Charges in the campus bookstore at the Boone Campus will begin 1/2/2024. Bookstore charges end for these sessions on 1/19/2024.
- Initial disbursements for eligible students are scheduled to begin processing on 03/17/2024.
- Initial refunds for eligible students are scheduled to begin processing on 03/20/2024.
- Students who are eligible for a bookstore voucher may contact the Financial Aid Office or visit the Information Commons at any campus from 01/28/2024–2/16/2024.
- Initial disbursements for eligible students are scheduled to begin on 03/31/2024. This date does not apply to loan disbursements for first time borrowers.**
- Initial refunds are scheduled to begin processing on 04/03/2024. This date does not apply to loan disbursements for first time borrowers.**
- Students who are eligible for a bookstore voucher may contact the Financial Aid Office 03/04/2024–03/27/2024.
* The Financial Aid Office cannot guarantee the arrival or disbursement of funds. The dates represent the earliest date funds can be applied to your student account. Disbursement and refund dates are subject to change without notice.
** Disbursements for time borrowers of federal student loans are delayed a minimum of 30 days from the beginning of student’s first class(es).