Office Of Financial Aid
Applying for Federal Financial Aid
- Apply for your FSA ID. This FSA ID allows you (and a parent, if applicable) to e-sign (electronically sign)
the FAFSA and other important applications.
Note: If you are a dependent student (or must report a parent's tax information on the FAFSA),your parent must apply for a separate PIN. Both you and your parent will need to e-sign the FAFSA.
- Once your FSA ID has been confirmed, complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- On the FAFSA website, click on Start a New FAFSA. Then you will choose which FAFSA you should complete.
- The 2022-23 Award Year includes Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023.
- The 2021-22 Award Year includes Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022.
The FAFSA will ask you to provide federal school codes for all schools you want your FAFSA information sent to. Gateway's Federal School Code is: 013753.
It generally takes 3-5 business days for us to receive your FAFSA information from the Department of Education; you should review your To Do List on Student Self-Service for further instructions or if any additional documentation is needed.
If you have questions please contact us or call 1-855-3GO-GCTC (1-855-346-4282).