Office Of Financial Aid
Applying for Federal Financial Aid
- Apply for your FSA ID. This FSA ID allows you (and a parent, if applicable) to e-sign (electronically sign)
the FAFSA and other important applications.
Note: If you are a dependent student (or must report a parent's tax information on the FAFSA),your parent must apply for a separate PIN. Both you and your parent will need to e-sign the FAFSA.
- Once your FSA ID has been confirmed, complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- On the FAFSA website, click on Start a New FAFSA. Then you will choose which FAFSA you should complete.
- The 2019-20 Award Year includes Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020.
- The 2020-21 Award Year includes Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
The FAFSA will ask you to provide federal school codes for all schools you want your FAFSA information sent to. Gateway's Federal School Code is: 013753.
It generally takes 3-5 business days for us to receive your FAFSA information from the Department of Education; you should review your To Do List on Student Self-Service for further instructions or if any additional documentation is needed.
If you have questions please contact us or call 1-855-3GO-GCTC (1-855-346-4282).