Payment Information | GCTC

Payment Information

Here you will find information on paying for college, wether you plan to use financial aid or pay out of pocket for your tuition, fees and other expenses. Your tuition is due a week before classes start. You can specific tuition due date information on the academic calendar.

To avoid being dropped from classes for nonpayment, consider signing up for the payment plan (details below) while your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is in process. You may terminate the plan once your financial aid processes and covers your tuition bill. Any overpayment will be refunded.

How do you plan to pay for classes?

I plan to use financial aid.

I plan to use non-financial aid.

Financial Aid

If you submitted your 2023-2024 FAFSA more than five (5) business days ago, check your KCTCS Student Service Center, you may have additional steps to complete. 
  1. Create an FSA ID for yourself at
  2. Collect the following documents:
    • 2021 Tax Return and W2s for yourself
    • 2021 Tax Return and W2s for your spouse (if you are currently married)
    • 2021 Tax Return and W2s for your parent(s) that will reported on the FAFSA, (if a dependent student). Your parent will need to have an FSA ID.
  • You are encouraged to research private education loans to choose one that best suits your needs.

  • Private loans require a credit check for approval.  Some students may also be required to have a co-signor in order to be approved.

  • After you have been approved for a private loan, Gateway will receive information to certify the loan.

In most cases, KEES only funds are not enough to cover the cost of full tuition and fees. You will need to make other payment arrangements to cover any remaining balance.

  • Check your student self-service to see if your KEES award is in your Financial Aid offers. If not, log in at to confirm your eligibility. If KHEAA shows that you have funds available for 2023/2024 and you don’t see that it was been offered to you in your student self-service, contact the Financial Aid Office at (859)442-1165.

  • If you have attended college before and lost your KEES award, then later raised your cumulative Grade Point Average to at least a 2.5, contact the Financial Aid Office to see if you have regained your eligibility (must be used within 5 years of your high school graduation).

Non-Financial Aid

  • Online (using Debit/Credit Cards and/or E-Check option)
    • Go to your KCTCS Student Service Center at Click on Account Balance, then Make a Payment. Make sure pop-up blocker is turned off and use Firefox or Safari browser.
  • In-Person at Edgewood or Boone Information Commons
    • Cash, check, money order, debit cards, Amex, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted in person at our Edgewood or Boone Campus Information Commons.
  • Mail (Personal Check, Cashier Check, Money Orders)
    • Mail to:
      • Gateway Community & Technical College Attn: Student Accounts
        790 Thomas More Pkwy
        Edgewood, KY 41017
      • Make checks payable to Gateway Community & Technical College
      • Provide student name and student ID # on memo line or written on payment tender.
Visit this website to register for the payment plan. Must provide a debit/credit card or bank account information. Payment plans are flexible and available for various intervals of time. Please use Firefox or Safari browser to sign up.

Mail via USPS to:

Gateway Community & Technical College
Attn: Student Accounts
790 Thomas More Pkwy
Edgewood, KY 41017 

Then email stating you are expecting a scholarship check.

Tuition Assistance/ sponsorship provided by Corporation and/or Government Agency

Third Party Authorization Documents must be sent to the Third-Party Coordinator each semester.

Clint Bartels, Third-Party Coordinator
Phone: (859) 815-7627

Provide plan information to the college’s Third-Party Coordinator.

Clint Bartels, Third-Party Coordinator
Phone: (859) 815-7627

Contact Megan Williams, VA Coordinator/School Certifying Official
(859) 442-1710

Find more information here.

Still need help? Call 855-346-4282 for 24/7 Student Support Service