Reverse transfer is the process of retroactively awarding associate degrees to students who transferred from Gateway before completing the requirements of an associate degree. This process allows former Gateway students, who have completed at least 15 transferable credits at Gateway, transfer college or university credits back to Gateway to earn an associate degree.
Before applying for reverse transfer, please read the information below:
- Earning a reverse transfer associate degree may impact your current funding at your home college. For example, if you utilize the Kentucky Work Ready Scholarship or Veteran funding at your current college or university, please check with the financial aid office of your home college before you apply for reverse transfer.
- Please upload your unofficial transcripts from your current college when you complete the application below.
- Once your request is received, an advisor will be in touch with you with an update on your eligibility.
- If you are eligible for a reverse transfer degree, we will need an official copy of your transcripts to award the Gateway associate degree.
- Deadlines to Apply for your Credential:
Fall: November 1
Spring: April 1
Summer: July 1
If you are interested in applying for Reverse Transfer at Gateway, please complete the Gateway Reverse Transfer Application below.