Looking to transfer to a four-year school once you're finished here at Gateway? We are committed to helping you make a smooth and successful transition. Thousands of students have taken this next step in their academic or career path, and you can too!
There are a few steps that need to be completed when starting the transfer process.
- Contact your transfer school's Admission Office and ask them:
- the steps for applying to the school;
- if there are any Transfer Orientations you need to complete; and
- if there are any scholarship or application deadlines you need to meet.
- Have an official transcript sent to your transfer school from Gateway and any other institutions you have previously attended. Request your Gateway transcript here.
- If you are using financial aid, then make sure your FAFSA has the school code of your next institution.
- If you've been using resources at Gateway, be sure to check out opportunities at your transfer school, such as TRIO, disability services, and Ready to Work.
- Meet with your academic advisor to schedule your classes.
Yes! Your Credits Transfer!
Great news - all general education courses at Gateway transfer to any public four-year university in Kentucky. Earn your Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree at Gateway so you won't have to take any more general education courses after you transfer. You can read all about the Kentucky General Education Transfer Agreement online.
Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection
The Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (GC3) taps the collective power of 18 higher education institutions in Greater Cincinnati to strengthen every aspect of our regional economy, culture and quality of life. Through cross-registration and other programs, GC3 members serve more than 138,000 students and their families, helping every student – of every age, ability and aspiration – discover the spark that drives their personal success and achievement. Learn more about GC3 here.
Gateway is fully accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges. Gateway's credits are accepted by any accredited institution in North America.