Internships and Work Experiences
As a student at Gateway Community & Technical College you are encouraged to participate in a work experience while you complete your degree. Work experiences include internships (unpaid), co-ops (paid), and other experiences like practicums and externships.
What are the benefits of completing a work experience?
- They can help you understand how coursework relates to jobs.
- They can help you learn about careers, industries, and networking opportunities in the field.
- You will complete a resume which can be used to secure a full-time position after graduating.
- Research indicates that most work experience students are offered jobs after their placements.
Work experience students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- You must have completed at least half of your required technical courses by the time you complete your work experience.
- If you are a transfer student, you must have spent at least one semester at Gateway prior to completing the experience.
For more information, contact Caitlin Fugate.