Student Ambassador Program
Applications for the Student Ambassador program are now available!
Gateway Student Ambassadors serve as positive role models for new, current and prospective students. They are exemplary leaders who will support recruitment and enrollment for the college, promote student engagement, increase awareness of college services and programs, foster pride in the Gateway community, and act as liaisons between Gateway and the Northern Kentucky community.
Initially, five students will be chose to represent the college at various events and opportunities throughout the academic year.
The Gateway Student Ambassadors will represent the college at various events and opportunities throughout the academic year. Factors in the selection process will include, academic performance, faculty/staff recommendation, communication skills, potential for leadership and an interview with the committee. Students will serve with all students in good standing being eligible to apply for subsequent years.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours per year while serving
- Commit to one full academic year of service
- Students may serve no more than two years without approval
The complete packet must include:
- Recommendation Form
How will this program benefit me?
- Tuition wavier up to 6 credit hours to be awarded and the end of each semester
- Gateway Polo shirt and official name tag
- Leadership opportunities
- A resume-building experience
- Development of communication, interpersonal, organizational, public speaking and problem solving skills
Student Ambassador Responsibilities and Services:
- Attend training sessions and Student Ambassador meetings
- Participate in 3 events per semester
- Maintain GPA
- Stay enrolled in at least 6 credit hours/semester
- Work with admissions to attend Gateway recruitment events
- Give tours to prospective students
- Volunteer to assist at various new & current student enrollment events
- Be active senate members of the Student Activities Board (SGA)-may run for official officer positions as desired- and participate in engagement events across the college
- Speak at Gateway community events as needed
- Act as a student representative on various Gateway committees
- Be a visible student representative during Welcome Week
- Assist at Commencement and Night of Excellence
Interested? Apply today!!
Questions? Contact: Ashley Rouse at Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org