Student Ambassador Program
Applications for the Student Ambassador program are now available!
meet your student ambassadors
Major: Computerized Manufacturing and Machining/Welding
Clubs: Student Ambassador, Student Government Association, and Student Representative to Gateway's Board of Directors
“I get to see all different type of people and get to represent my school. Get out there and try new things. See what you like and what you don’t and try to have fun while you're at Gateway.”
Major: Human Services
Clubs: Student Ambassador, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, and Student Government Association (Vice President)
“Being an active member of my community allows me to create transformational change for current and future students. I hope to inform and include students in making a difference throughout their education.”
Major: Associate in Arts- Business
Clubs: Student Ambassador, Student Government Association (President), and TRIO Project Aspire
“I love fact that I am the one being able to help students find a place that welcomes them to come as they are. I find a great amount of satisfaction finding a student the help they need and a place to allow them to “kick their shoes off” and feel comfortable enough to be who they are with people that welcomes them! There is a club, program or counselor at Gateway for you- and if there isn’t there are hundreds of people willing to help you find what you need. Just ask! There are many people more than willing to help you find a club/program you’d love to take part in!”
Major: Associate in Arts- Business
Clubs: Student Ambassador, TRIO Project Aspire, and Student Government Association
“I wanted to join the clubs here at Gateway to learn more about myself, gain some practical experience in my field of business, and expand my resume, but I have gotten so much more than that. My favorite part of joining these student organizations is the amazing support system and new friendships I have gained.”
Clubs: Student Ambassador, TRIO Project Aspire, and Student Government Association (Secretary)
“My favorite thing about being a part of clubs at Gateway is getting more people excited about going to our school. I believe student engagement is extremely important and if we can get more of the student body involved in things on campus it would be a great step forward. Also being able to represent Gateway is an honor, that I am extremely proud of. Gateway provides great resources for the students that some might not know about, including The Food Pantry, DEI, and TRIO. All of these resources are great and should be utilized by our students.”
Gateway Student Ambassadors serve as positive role models for new, current, and prospective students. They are exemplary leaders who will support recruitment and enrollment for the college, promote student engagement, increase awareness of college services and programs, foster pride in the Gateway community, and act as liaisons between Gateway and the Northern Kentucky community.
Initially, five students will be chose to represent the college at various events and opportunities throughout the academic year.
The Gateway Student Ambassadors will represent the college at various events and opportunities throughout the academic year. Factors in the selection process will include, academic performance, faculty/staff recommendation, communication skills, potential for leadership, and an interview with the committee. Students will serve with all students in good standing being eligible to apply for subsequent years.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours per year while serving
- Commit to one full academic year of service
- Students may serve no more than two years without approval
The complete packet must include:
- Recommendation Form
How will this program benefit me?
- Tuition wavier up to 6 credit hours to be awarded and the end of each semester
- Gateway Polo shirt and official name tag
- Leadership opportunities
- A resume-building experience
- Development of communication, interpersonal, organizational, public speaking and problem solving skills
Student Ambassador Responsibilities and Services:
- Attend training sessions and Student Ambassador meetings
- Participate in 3 events per semester
- Maintain GPA
- Stay enrolled in at least 6 credit hours/semester
- Work with admissions to attend Gateway recruitment events
- Give tours to prospective students
- Volunteer to assist at various new & current student enrollment events
- Be active senate members of the Student Activities Board (SGA)-may run for official officer positions as desired- and participate in engagement events across the college
- Speak at Gateway community events as needed
- Act as a student representative on various Gateway committees
- Be a visible student representative during Welcome Week
- Assist at Commencement and Night of Excellence
Interested? Apply today!
Questions? Contact Madison Clark, Coordinator of Student Activities and Retention, at firstname.lastname@example.org.