Change Your Major | GCTC

Change Your Major

Thinking of changing your major? We recommend you speak with an advisor first. Contact your assigned advisor or the Advising Center at Review your new Advising Plan for your degree requirements or use the What if Report to determine how courses you’ve already taken will apply to your new major.

Ready to make the change?  

  1. Start in MyPath and select Student Self Service
  2. From the Student Homepage, click on the Academic Records tile.academic records
  3. The menu on the left provides links to Change My Major, Change My Home College, and Withdraw/Drop Request. Click on Change My Major if not already selected.change my major
  4. Select a Program of Study by selecting the lookup iconselect program
  5. The Select Academic Plan box will appear. Select an Academic Plan by selecting the lookup icon select plan
  6. Select Continue.
  7. If the plan needs to be processed for the current term, click on the toggle button to switch the response to yes, otherwise do not change.
  8. submitClick Submit to complete the form.
  9. Click the Home icon to return to the Student Homepage.