Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky
Application for Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky Student Service Scholarship
Applications for this scholarship are due December 3, 2021.
Gateway Community and Technical College has partnered with the Women’s Initiative of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce to fund an Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky student service scholarship. This scholarship honors a Gateway student who is a Northern Kentucky resident and has engaged in service to the College and/or to the Northern Kentucky community. This student possesses the qualities of personal integrity, perseverance, and leadership. The scholarship was formed to represent the great diversity and extraordinary accomplishments of today’s women.
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to one non-traditional female Gateway student. The recipient is asked to attend the Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky Awards event in spring 2022. The funds will be split between the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters.
- Must be female and a non-traditional Gateway student (at least one of the following): 24 years of age or older, supports a child/dependent, works at least 35 hours a week, or did not attend college in the same year as graduation from high school
- GPA 2.5 or higher
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Northern Kentucky resident
- Must have the most current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file
- Complete this application, including details of service activities.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from non-relatives that detail Gateway and/or NKY community service performed, and qualities described above.
- Student must be able to enroll in at least six Gateway credit hours for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters.
Please submit your application and two letters of reference from non-relatives to the Gateway Community & Technical College Office of Financial Aid by December 3, 2021.