Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky
Application for Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky Scholarship
Applications for this scholarship were due December 6, 2019. The deadline has passed.
Gateway Community and Technical College has partnered with the Women’s Initiative of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce to fund an Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky student scholarship. This scholarship honors a Northern Kentucky resident who exemplifies notable achievement, outstanding service to the College or the Northern Kentucky community, and possesses the qualities of personal integrity, perseverance and leadership. This scholarship was formed to represent the great diversity and extraordinary accomplishments of today’s women.
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to one non – traditional female student at Gateway. The recipient is asked to attend the Outstanding Women of Northern Kentucky Awards Luncheon in spring 2020. The funds will be split between the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
- Must be female and a current, non-traditional student (at least one of the following): 24 years of age or older, supports a child/dependent, works at least 35 hours a week, or did not attend college in the same year as graduation from high school
- Must enroll in at least six credit hours at Gateway for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters
- GPA 2.5 or higher
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Northern Kentucky resident
- Must have the most current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file
- Complete this application
- Submit two letters of recommendation from non-relatives