Manufacturing uses innovative technology to improve products or processes with the relevant technology being described as "advanced," "innovative," or "cutting edge."
What is it?
Manufacturing is the production of goods using labor, machines, tools, and chemical or biological processing or formulation. In manufacturing, raw materials, components and parts are converted into finished merchandise within a large-scale production environment.
Advanced manufacturing industries "increasingly integrate new innovative technologies in both products and processes.
Where is it?
Gateway Community & Technical College, Urban Metro Campus
What will I do?
- Dual-enroll with Gateway (as a college student) and attend classes five mornings per week (8.00 – 10.30) x 2 Semesters
- Obtain hands on experience needed to land a good job in manufacturing
- Learn from faculty with industry and classroom experience
- Gain exposure to the manufacturing industry through site visits, guest speakers, etc.
- Meet your next employer through industry partnerships and networking
- Earn a credential and go to work and/or continue to earn a 2- / 4-year degree or do both!
What benefit is it to me?
- School credits for attending Gateway
- College credits for attending Gateway
- Free travel on the TANK buses for the whole school year
- Boost your resume - you completed a college course and earned certifications
- Secure full-time or part-time employment once you graduate high school
- Potentially get tuition reimbursement while going to college (if you continue to work in manufacturing)
- Enter a sustainable career rather than just a job – a decent wage that leads to self-sufficiency
Complete your associate degree with Gateway &
Transfer to NKU to complete your bachelor’s degree
Let your career counsellor know that you are interested, and we can get you signed up.