Allied Healthcare Hub
Are you interested in the healthcare field but unsure what you would like to do?
Consider taking a course at the Allied Healthcare Hub through Gateway Community & Technical College. Courses are available to introduce you to the healthcare field and may guide you to choose and pursue your area of interest.
Where is it?
Gateway Community & Technical College, Urban Metro Campus
What will I study?
Introduces delivery/management of health care including professionalism, health care roles, health delivery models, and types of health care coverage. Explores legal/ethical issues (HIPAA and confidentiality), electronic medical records, patient rights, and analysis of current trends in health care.
Introduces examination/application of major ethical theories to specific moral questions related to health care.
How does this work?
- You will dual-enroll with Gateway (as a college student) for two semesters.
- Complete four healthcare training programs (two per semester)
- Complete both academic and hands-on training under the supervision of a licensed nurse
What benefit is it me?
- School & College credits for attending Gateway.
- Free travel on the TANK buses for the whole school year
- Boost your resume - you completed college courses and earned certifications.
- Expand your employment options – you will be a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Increased employment opportunities that may offer tuition reimbursement.
- Internship with a Healthcare company
Let your career counsellor know that you are interested, and we can get you signed up
For further info, please contact Shelby Krentz (Gateway) email@example.com or Lorraine O’Moore (NaviGo) firstname.lastname@example.org