Request for an Incomplete Grade | GCTC

Request for an Incomplete Grade

Students can request an incomplete grade if part of the work of the course remains unfinished. It will only be given when there is a reasonable possibility that a passing grade will result from completion of the work. The instructor and student will talk about the requirements for completion of course with the time limit for completion not to exceed a maximum of one year; failure to do so will result in an automatic change of grade from I to E.

If you are interested in an I grade, please contact your instructor to begin the process.

Questions? Contact Gateway’s Registrar by emailing