Skilled Trades Hub
Earn $40,000- $60,000 a year WITHOUT student loans/debt!
What is it?
This training hub, which is still in the planning stage, will cover the core competencies required to enter employment and/or an apprenticeship within a variety of Skilled Trades such as:
- Carpenter ($15-$33)
- Plumber/Pipe Fitter ($17-$30)
- Electrician ($12-$28)
- Welder ($14-$27)
Where is it?
Newport High School
What will I do?
- You will go to Newport HS each day (most likely a double class first thing in the morning)
- You will complete both academic and hands-on training leading to earned credentials such as OSHA 10 (Health & Safety), the NCCER Core Certification (this will help you get into an apprenticeship in many different areas) and/or the KDE TRACK Certification (Tech Ready Apprentices for Careers in KY).
- You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through such activities as site visits, internships, and job-shadowing.
What benefit is it to me?
- School credits
- Boost your resume - you completed college courses and earned certifications.
- Expand your employment options – NCCER Core and OSHA 10 are pre-requisites to any skilled trade, so having these certifications gives you many options for apprenticeships/employment.
- Apprenticeships permit you train into a good career WITHOUT getting into debt, and EARNING as you learn
- Co-op / intern with local building contractors
Let your career counsellor know that you are interested, and we can get you signed up
For further information, please contact Lorraine O’Moore on (513) 399-1967 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org