Logistics/Supply Chain Hub
Starting pay for a Warehouse Associate in KY is $15 - $20 per hr., and a delivery driver can earn $47,000 - $58,000 a year
What is logisitcs/supply chain?
Planning and controlling the efficient and effective forward/reverses flow and storage of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption (usage) to meet customers’ needs.
- Companies such as DHL/Atlas Air/Wayfair/CVG
- Duties: warehousing to include forklift driving, picking orders, loading/unloading goods. inventory; delivery driving/truck driving.
Where is it?
Online with Gateway Community & Technical College
What will I do?
- You will dual-enroll with Gateway (as a college student) for one semester and attend four mornings per week (1.5 hrs.) to take these classes.
- You will take the Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) & the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) exams
- You will go out on paid co-op (Work Based Learning) with local logistics companies for the second semester of your senior year (Jan – May)
What benefit is it to me?
- School credits for attending Gateway.
- College credits for attending Gateway.
- School credits for Work Based Learning (co-op)
- Earn $$$ while on co-op (current students earn between $12.25 and $16.00 per hour)
- Get out of school for a large portion of your second semester.
- Boost your resume - you completed a college course, earned certifications, and held a job.
- Secure full-time or part-time employment once you graduate high school.
- Tuition reimbursement (whether full-time or part-time)
- Free travel on the TANK buses for the whole school year
Let your career counsellor know that you are interested, and we can get you signed up