Logistics/Supply Chain Hub
Starting pay for a Warehouse Associate in KY is $15 - $20 per hr., and a delivery driver can earn $47,000 - $58,000 a year
What is logisitcs/supply chain?
Planning and controlling the efficient and effective forward/reverses flow and storage of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption (usage) to meet customers’ needs.
- Companies such as DHL/Atlas Air/Wayfair/CVG
- Duties: warehousing to include forklift driving, picking orders, loading/unloading goods. inventory; delivery driving/truck driving.
Where is it?
Online with Gateway Community & Technical College
What will I do?
- You will dual-enroll with Gateway (as a college student) for one semester and attend four mornings per week (1.5 hrs.) to take these classes.
- You will take the Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) & the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) exams
- You will go out on paid co-op (Work Based Learning) with local logistics companies for the second semester of your senior year (Jan – May)
What benefit is it to me?
- School credits for attending Gateway.
- College credits for attending Gateway.
- School credits for Work Based Learning (co-op)
- Earn $$$ while on co-op (current students earn between $12.25 and $16.00 per hour)
- Get out of school for a large portion of your second semester.
- Boost your resume - you completed a college course, earned certifications, and held a job.
- Secure full-time or part-time employment once you graduate high school.
- Tuition reimbursement (whether full-time or part-time)
- Free travel on the TANK buses for the whole school year
Let your career counsellor know that you are interested, and we can get you signed up
For further info, please contact Shelby Krentz (Gateway) firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorraine O’Moore (NaviGo) email@example.com