Information about Commencement
Gateway celebrates commencement once a year upon the conclusion of the spring semester. We honor all of our graduates and credential earners for the 2021-2022 academic year, including summer 2022.
Date: May 12, 2022, 7 p.m.
Where: Truist Arena at Northern Kentucky University (formerly BB&T)
Caps and gowns are required to walk at graduation. These can be purchased at the Boone campus bookstore. You can order caps and gowns here. The price for the cap, gown, and tassel is $36.98 plus tax. Extra tassels can be purchased for $6.98 plus tax.
Honor cords are provided to eligible degree and diploma graduates when you arrive at the arena. You do not need to purchase honor cords. If you are eligible for an honor stole from a student organization such as Phi Theta Kappa, please check with the group’s advisor prior to graduation about obtaining a stole.
If you want, you can order graduation announcements from herffjones.com/college. Please allow three to four weeks for delivery. Graduation announcements are not required. Class rings are available as well. There is no requirement to order a ring.
All graduates participating in the ceremony should arrive to Truist Arena by 6 p.m.
Masks are no longer required at Truist Arena, but you are welcome to wear one if that is your preference.
You will check in when you arrive. You will not need anything specific. Please note Truist Arena is not responsible for any items left behind.
Truist Arena prohibits:
- Aerosol Cans
- Alcohol, drugs, illegal substances or any paraphernalia associated with drug use
- Audio/Video recorders
- Bags larger than 14”x14”x6”
- Cans, bottles coolers or other similar containers
- Flags, signs, banners, with poles
- Hover boards
- Laser pens/pointers
- Noisemakers such as air horns or whistles
- Outside food or drinks
- Tripods, monopods or other professional photography equipment
- Selfie Sticks
- Weapons of any type including, chains, knives, firearms and spiked jewelry
**Other items deemed unacceptable by event/building management**
To enhance public safety and ease of access into the facility, Truist Arena will now enforce the following purse and bag policy limiting the size and style of bags allowed in the facility.
- 12” by 6” by 12” clear bag + 1 clutch bag per guest permitted.
- One Gallon Ziploc storage bag permitted.
- One Clutch bag no larger than 4.6”x 6.5” with or without straps permitted.
- Exceptions can be made for Medical bags after a proper inspection.
- Guests who wish to bring in a Medical Bag will go through inspection at the current gate.
- Purses, Bags, anything larger than 4.6”x6.5”
- Camera Bags
- Computer Bags
- Fanny Packs
- Draw String Bags
*Subject to change based to event needs*
No tickets are required for friends and family.
Parking is available at NKU's Welcome Center Garage on University Drive. Parking will be free for those attending commencement.
Your photo will be taken by GradImages. An insert in your credential folder will provide more information about how to view proofs and order graduation photos.
If you or your family need any special accommodations, please contact:
General info about commencement
Vivian Lockstead, 859-442-1631