Interested in apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship opportunities are a way to provide industry specific, on-the-job training to new or current employees. Related technical instruction paired with hands-on practical application creates a high-quality work and learn experience that results in highly skilled and trained employees.
The Department of Labor recognizes 1,000+ apprentice occupations in a variety of fields ranging from healthcare, manufacturing, business, computer technology, skilled trades, and more.
BENEFITS OF AN APPRENTICESHIP
- A highly-skilled and trained workforce
- Higher retention/lower turnover rates
- Eliminate skills gap and build a pipeline for your future workforce
- Increase through-put, productivity and employee engagement
- Increase soft skills of employees
TYPES OF APPRENTICESHIP
- Company-specific model based on employer needs
- Duration varies based upon company request
- Students can enroll in and attend courses at a Gateway campus or online, or specific training can be delivered at the employer site.
- Provides the apprentice with training that can be aligned with industry certifications and academic credentials
- Gateway works with the company to develop the content it desires to provide company-specific essential skills for its workforce and serves as the student liaison.
- Industry-specific model based on formal standards set forth by the Department of Labor
- Typically last 1 to 5 years and can be time and/or competency-based depending on the specific occupation
- Students complete industry-driven content and training through Gateway campus class offerings or customized delivery on site
- Provides the apprentice with a nationally recognized industry certification
- Gateway works as a liaison with the Kentucky State Office of Apprenticeship to identify the appropriate journey worker program, establish the framework for the apprenticeship, file all required paperwork, and maintain compliance records for the employer.