Minutes Matter Get SNAP Messages Quickly by Text, Call or Email
SNAP is the official Safety Notification Alert Process for KCTCS. SNAP alerts users to on-campus emergencies, closings or delays for all 16 colleges and the System office.
With SNAP you can:
- Find out if classes are cancelled or delayed due to weather, power outages or other unexpected events impacting campus.
- Get severe weather notifications so you can take shelter when a storm hits.
- Receive emergency messages when something or someone could be a threat to your personal safety.
Your preferred phone numbers and/or e-mail addresses entered into Student Self-Service or the Employee Information Center will also be used for SNAP messages during an emergency at your college. The same contact information that is used to inform you of academic/employment questions or concerns will now also be used to notify you if there is a weather emergency, safety threat or campus closing/delay.
To make sure you are receiving messages at your current phone number(s) or e-mail address:
- STUDENTS update your contact information by logging into the Student Self-Service Center. You'll receive SNAP alerts through calls to your 10-digit preferred phone number, text messages are sent to any mobile number listed in your student record and emails are sent to your kctcs.edu email address.
- KCTCS EMPLOYEES Update your contact information in PeopleSoft. You'll receive SNAP alerts through messages at your work extension, text messages sent to any mobile number listed in PeopleSoft and an email message sent to your kctcs.edu email address.
Are you a parent, board or community member interested in receiving SNAP emergency messages from a KCTCS college? Sign up to receive notifications for your college below.
College and System Office SNAP Sign Up
- Big Sandy
- West Kentucky
- System Office
- KCTCS All Alerts
If you are a current KCTCS student or employee, your kctcs.edu e-mail and the preferred and mobile phone numbers listed in your college records are automatically registered to receive SNAP messages.
The same contact information that is used to inform you of academic/employment questions or concerns will now also be used to notify you if there is a weather emergency, safety threat or campus closing/delay. Students automatically receive phone calls, text messages and e-mail messages to your registered phone numbers and kctcs.edu e-mail address. KCTCS faculty/staff automatically receive an e-mail sent to your kctcs.edu e-mail address, a text message sent to registered mobile phones and an audio alert sent to all work extensions (VOIP phones).
Students and employees will receive SNAP alerts from the college* where they are enrolled or employed.
*Please note SNAP messages are sent by college and may include messages from multiple campuses. Check the subject line and full message text to identify campus specific alerts.
To make sure you are receiving messages at your current phone number* or e-mail address:
- STUDENTS Update your contact information by logging on to the Student Self-Service Center at students.kctcs.edu.
- KCTCS EMPLOYEES Update your contact information in PeopleSoft at employees.kctcs.edu.
* Please provide a complete 10 digit phone number with area code (example: 859-123-4567)
Are you a parent, board member or community member interested in receiving SNAP emergency messages from a KCTCS college? Please see the table above.
If you would like to add a cell phone to receive text messages, you can add a mobile phone number in the Student/Employee Self-Service Center and SNAP messages will automatically be sent to you by text message OR you can create a new account here and add a cell phone to receive text notifications.
You do have the option to unsubscribe from SNAP text or e-mail messages.
To stop SNAP text messages:
- Visit the link for your college above and follow the directions there
To stop e-mail messages:
- At the bottom of your SNAP e-mail, click "Unsubscribe" to stop messages to that e-mail address.
If you are receiving unwanted phone calls and would like to unsubscribe from SNAP calls please provide a complete 10 digit phone number with area code in the message of our contact form here.
Only currently enrolled KCTCS students or employees will receive automatic messages sent from your college using SNAP. If you created your own SNAP account prior to February 15, 2013 you will continue to receive messages until the account is closed. If you are not a current student or employee but would like to sign up to receive notifications, you can follow the link to your college in the table above.
To opt-in to SNAP alerts for Gateway, text #GCTCSNAP to (859) 295-3483.
All applicable charges and fees set by your cell phone carrier will apply. If you have unlimited texting or free incoming messages there will be no additional charge for a SNAP SMS Text.
If you have limited text messaging on your account and you have reached your maximum messages during a billing period, your cell phone carrier may charge you for an additional message.
To stop text messages, visit your college's SNAP page from the table above and follow the directions.