Whether you’re a high school student, a returning student or just looking to take a class on the side, following these steps will make your admissions experience easy!
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
- You can send Gateway your high school transcript through https://www.parchment.com. If it asks for an address use 790 Thomas More Pkwy Edgewood, Ky 41017.
- You can order your GED transcripts here.
- Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
In order to accommodate prospective students who cannot take a placement test, GCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement for Summer 2020 through Summer 2021. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online.
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores. You can request your AP scores online.
- The FAFSA will ask you to provide federal school codes for all schools you want your FAFSA information sent to. Gateway's Federal School Code is: 013753.
- Questions about financial aid? We've got answers!
How to set up your account
Setting up your account is easy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your birth month and day
- Your KCTCS Student ID
- Your personal email address
Next, follow these steps:
- Go to Gateway’s website
Click on the Quick Links drop down at the top of the page
Choose Current Students
Scroll down and click on User Account Center.
Choose Setup your User Profile.
Enter your birth month and day.
Enter your KCTCS Student ID, then click Next.
Verify your identity by having a code sent to your personal email or cell phone.
Once you have verified your identity, choose and answer three security questions.
Finally, you’ll receive your username and create your password!
Note: Your username will be the first letter of your first name, your last name and a series of four numbers. For example: bsmith0012.
How to log into your account
Now that your account is set up, you’re ready to log in! Here’s how.
- Click on MyPath in the menu at the top of the page.
- Go to your MyPath (link available at the top of the Gateway.kctcs.edu website)
- Click the Blackboard tile
- Click on Courses on the left-hand navigation
- Click on the drop down for Current Courses and select Orientation
- Click on GCTC Orientation
- You will go through each item by clicking on it, watch the videos, and at the end complete the orientation quiz
An instructional video for orientation is available.
All new students attend a one-on-one advising appointment after completing admissions steps and orientation.
During this meeting you will enroll/register for classes.
Choose from the following options to set up an advising appointment.
Students can pay their tuition and fees in-person or online.
- If you are wanting to make a payment on your student account in-person then you would simply go to any of the campuses and let the Information Commons know you are wanting to make a payment.
- Instructions on how to make an online payment:
- Go to your Student Self-Service, students access online paying in the “Finances” area.
- Account Summary box > Make a payment > Specify Payment Amount > Select Payment Method > Confirm Payment. Make sure to “Submit” your payment before going on to the next page
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!