What is Computer Information Technology?
- Obtain hands on experience needed to land an IT job in any industry
- Work as an entrepreneur in our student run repair shop: fix computers and operate a business
- Learn from faculty with industry and classroom experience
- Excel in IT through the individual attention and training in our small classes
- Meet your next employer through industry partnerships and networking
- Earn an credential and go to work, continue on to earn a 4-year degree or do both!
What are my career options?
Computer support specialists are employed in professional, scientific, and technical services industries, principally computer systems design and related services. Substantial numbers of these workers are also employed in administrative and support services companies, financial institutions, insurance companies, government agencies, educational institutions, software publishers, telecommunications organizations, health care organizations, and management of companies and enterprises. Car-Part.com, CDK Global, Cengage, C-Forward, Cincinnati Bell, Cincinnati Reds, CompMed, Fischer Homes, Great American Insurance, ISOC, Kroger, Nexegen, Owns Electric, Pomeroy, Vantiv, and many more!
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Interested in cyber security? Join our Cyber Defense Team! Learn more.
Associate in Applied Science: Computer Information Technologies - Cloud Computing Technologies Track
Associate in Applied Science: Computer Information Technologies - Information Security Track
Associate in Applied Science: Computer Information Technologies - Network Administration Track
Associate in Applied Science: Computer Information Technologies - Programming Track
Computer Information Technologies Certificates
- A+ Prep
- Application Support Technician
- AWS Cloud Architecture
- CIT Fundamentals
- Computer Tech Basic
- Informatics Programming
- Information Security Specialist
- Microsoft Enterprise Administrator
- Microsoft Network Administrator
- Mobile App Developer
- Productivity Software Specialist
- Social Media Specialist
- Web Programmer
Can I Continue My Education after Gateway?
Yes! Graduates of the Computer Information Technology program have gone on to Northern Kentucky University, the University of Cincinnati, Western Kentucky University, Western Governor’s University and several other institutions. You can go on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Media Informatics, and other related fields. Learn more about Gateway’s Transfer Services and opportunities here.
- NKU – Computer Information Technology
- WGU – Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; Cloud Computing; Computer Science; Data Management/Data Analytics; Information Technology; Network Operations and Security; Software Development
|A+ Prep: 4 Total credit hours|
|Computer Tech Basic: 11 Total credit hours|
|Computer Support Technician: 14 Total credit hours|
|CISCO Networking Associate: 16 Total credit hours|
|Information Security Specialist: 19 Total credit hours|
|CISCO Networking Enhanced: 24 - 25 Total credit hours|
|Information Security Track: 60 Total credit hours|
|Internet Technologies Track: 60 Total credit hours|
|Network Administration Track: 60 - 63 Total credit hours|
Length of Program
Completion of the program should take two years, assuming that you maintain full-time enrollment status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.