Students may be admitted to Gateway Community & Technical College as freshmen, as students with transfer credit from other institutions, as visiting students, or as non-degree students. We admit students who have graduated from high school, who have earned a high school general equivalency diploma (GED), who are eligible to pursue a GED, or who are dually enrolled in high school and the college.
Admission and Registration Procedures
- Applicants will be required to send an official copy of their high school transcript or GED test scores to the admissions office.
- Applicants entering with transfer credit must have an official transcript from each college attended forwarded to the Registrars office.
- Applicants can submit their scores on the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), but it is not required. Students who do not meet the college level benchmark based off of their GPA or test scores will need to take EdReady placement examination administered by any KCTCS college.
- Students who are re-entering a KCTCS college after being out for two or more semesters should contact our admissions office to confirm the process for readmission.
- Admission to a college does not guarantee admission to a specific program. Applicants seeking admission to the Nursing program should contact the admissions office for information regarding any special requirements for program admission.
- Applicants must submit an application for admission, the entering student survey, and supporting documents seven days prior to the first day of classes of the term or session for which the student plans to enroll.
- A student who applies for admission to Gateway will receive instructions to establish access to Student Self-Service. Student Self- Service allows a student access to many services such as registration, grades, class schedule, financial aid awards, bill payment and many other services.
- All enrolled Gateway students will be given access to a KCTCS assigned email account. Official communication from faculty and student service personnel will be sent to this address. Students will continue to have access to this account as long as they are enrolled. After receiving the completed application and other forms, the admissions office will notify you of your admission status.