If you need placement testing in order to enroll at Gateway, we offer two online options for EdReady testing.
- Online with Proctored Assistance: This option will require you to logon at a specific time for you to complete your test during a proctored session. Your assigned college test proctor will contact you prior to your appointment and give you instructions for logging on. You must have both working audio and video capabilities to complete this type of testing appointment. Live assistance will be available to help you with any difficulties that might arise.
- Online without Proctored Assistance: This testing appointment you will be sent written instructions that you will follow to complete your test session. You will be assigned a test date and window of time in to complete your testing without assistance. Technical assistance will be available by email, but not an immediate response.
What does this mean?
If you have applied to the college and have a computer and internet access, you can complete this part of the enrollment process at home. A test proctor will be available for help while you take the test on your own computer.
What do I need in order to be able to test at home?
- Desktop or laptop computer (the test can not be taken on a mobile device).
- Operating System:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or higher OR
- MAC OSX v.10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Internet Explorer 11.0 or Edge, Mozilla Firefox 65.0 or later, Google Chrome 73 or later, Safari 10.1 or later
- Operating System:
- Internet is mandatory
- Working audio and video
- Valid photo ID
- Scientific calculator (for the math test)
How will this work?
Provide the info requested to register and choose your date from the available list. Please be sure you list a working email address because it will be used to send you the login instructions that you will need to enter the live, proctored test session.
You will receive an email with the instructions for when to logon and begin your testing session.
Why do I need to take a placement test?
At Gateway, we want to make sure you are enrolled in the right classes. If you don’t have ACT, SAT, High School GPA, KYOTE, or TABE 9/10-A scores, we use EdReady to determine your readiness. For example, we’ll make sure you don’t start with intermediate algebra if your math scores say you're ready for calculus.
EdReady is a program that lets you assess your readiness for college in math and English. Once you schedule and complete your assessment, you’re on the path to get enrolled! No matter what your EdReady results are, we are here to help. If at any time you have questions regarding your EdReady study path, please contact Amy Calves.
Gateway accepts ACT, EdReady Diagnostic and EdReady Study Path, High School GPA, GED College Readiness, SAT, Accuplacer, KYOTE, TABE 9/10-A and Wonderlic for admission. If you do not have test scores to submit from the above list, please schedule an EdReady test with Gateway.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (859) 441-4500 and press zero.