A college education is an excellent investment in your future. A degree, diploma or certificate will pay off throughout your life---a higher salary, better professional opportunities, and personal satisfaction.
Education You Can Afford
Here, you'll pay less than half of what you'd pay at a four-year college, for the same quality education. We offer a range of scholarships, grants and loans. In fact, our students earn higher grades after they transfer to four-year colleges than students who start at a four-year school. We work to bring this great education within reach for everyone.
Do you have TROUBLE completing your FAFSA?
Stop by at one of our open labs at our Edgewood Campus to get help!
PLEASE NOTE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool through FAFSA is down until further notice. Please bring your 2015 Tax Return for assistance.
We will be at the Edgewood Campus, in the Nursing and Health Science (NAHS) Building, Room 144, from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm each Tuesday to assist you:
- Tuesday, May 2
- Tuesday, May 9
- Tuesday, May 16
- Tuesday, May 23
- Tuesday, May 30
Change is In The Air - New Process for Financial Aid Documentation
Gateway and all KCTCS Colleges are making changes to the way you complete the verification process. Verification is now online - no more paper verification worksheets. The new process includes:
- You will receive an email either to the email address you entered on the FAFSA or to your KCTCS email if 2017-18 Financial Aid Issues are noted.
- You will be directed to log into your Student Self-Service
- Click on the 2017-18 Financial Aid Issues in the To Do box and click on the link to Resolve Financial Aid Issues.
- Use login information or set up User Account, if requested, when student portal page opens.
- A list of required documents will be viewable on the screen. Click More at the bottom of the list to see full information and Action Buttons.
- Complete and sign the verification worksheet online. There is no need to print the worksheet unless you are a dependent student and need a parent signature on the worksheet.
- If you must submit a document (for instance, the 2015 IRS tax return transcript), scan the document to yourself. You will then upload the saved document into the student portal for review. The Information Commons staff will assist in scanning, if needed.
We are available to assist you in completing the verification process. Financial Aid Workshops are available each Tuesday at the Edgewood Campus at 2:00 p.m.