Gateway Community Technical College and Northern Kentucky University Job Expo
Gateway Community amp; Technical College and Northern Kentucky University Job Expo
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
3 - 6 p.m.
Northern Kentucky University's Student Union Ballroom
This Job Fair is for Gateway Community & Technical College Students and Northern Kentucky University Students.
Over 80 companies looking for all levels of students: full-time, part-time, co-op.
-Come prepared with your resume and in professional interviewing attire.
-20 sponsoring companies at the Job Expo will receive a flash drive with resumes of our students.
-Send Amy Monson your resume for the flash drive.
If you would like your resume to be on the flash drive, please follow the guidelines below.
1. March 18 is the deadline to have the resumes emailed to Mrs. Monson, email@example.com
2. Resumes are to be sent to (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a Word attachment (Visual
Communication Art students can submit in PDF).
Resumes need to have at least the following headings
1. Name, address, phone, email.
2. Career objective logical and meaningful statement describing in a concise manner ones immediate and possible long-range career goals. Use as specific a title as possible without being too restrictive.
3. Special Skills/Qualifications
-Skills relating to career objectives and/or to the job
4. Work Experience What, Where, When, How Well?
-Internships, practicum, co-op, volunteer work
-Description of what you did
-List most recent experience first, then chronologically through the past
5. Optional Areas, don't have to have
-Extracurricular activities; community activities, school organizations and
involvement that show leadership
-State on resume, available upon request or supplied upon request
Need examples and more help? Come to the Career Resource Center, C106 Covington Campus or go to www.jobsearch.about.com.
Questions? Contact Amy Monson, Coordinator of Career Services, 442-1149, email@example.com