Spring 2021 Course Formats
Published on Nov 9, 2020
Spring classes are quickly approaching, and I wanted to remind you that for your health and safety, we will be following the same course format that we did for this fall semester.
Our classes are going to be offered in a variety of formats. There will be fully online classes as well as face-to-face classes and some options that are a mixture of both (barring any disruption from pandemic response). Most lecture type classes will be interactive live streamed through Blackboard Collaborate. Face-to-face classes will have a strong online or remote instruction part, so if in-person classes must move online for a while you will be ready. And, there are a variety of scheduling options, including 16-week, 12-week, and 8-week sessions so you can take classes when it fits your schedule.
You can see what format your classes will be by visiting your Student Self Service.
- Go to mypath.kctcs.edu
- Click the “Student Self Service” tile
- Click the “Student Center” tile
- Click on "KCTCS Schedule"
- Details about class location will be under Class Notes.
Possible class notes include:
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate according to scheduled days & times.
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate according to scheduled days & times. In-Person testing required – dates TBD
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate one day a week – day TBD – see course syllabus
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate for lecture and in-person for lab – see course syllabus
- Class will meet in-person according to scheduled days and times
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate or in-person according to scheduled days & times – see course syllabus
- Complete Online Course
If you do not have access to a computer at home, computer labs will be available at the Boone and Edgewood Campuses and at the Center for Technology, Innovation and Enterprise building at the Urban Metro Campus where you will be able to comply with all of the CDC guidelines to help you stay safe and healthy.
Lab or hands-on courses will be offered on-campus following all CDC guidelines (barring any disruptions from pandemic response).