Gateway announces plans for summer and fall terms
Published on May 6, 2020
Beginning August 17, fall term classes Gateway Community & Technical College will be offered in a variety of formats (barring any further disruption from the pandemic).
Gateway will offer fully online classes as well as face-to-face classes and some options that are a mixture of both. Face-to-face classes will have a strong online or remote instruction part, so if in-person classes must move online for a while the transition will be easier for students. The colleges also will offer a variety of scheduling options, including 16-week, 12-week and eight-week sessions.
Gateway is developing plans to meet social distancing and health requirements and strengthening virtual student support for online and remote classes.
Summer classes will begin soon and are available in an online-only format, with a few hands-on classes tentatively scheduled for July based on Gov. Andy Beshear’s timelines for facility use. Students and prospective students can enroll online by visiting gateway.kctcs.edu.
Gateway will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follow the governor’s guidelines regarding higher education for the fall term.
You can see what format your classes will be by visiting your Student Self Service.
- Go to mypath.kctcs.edu
- Click the “Student Self Service” tile
- Click the “Student Center” tile
- Click on "KCTCS Schedule"
- Details about class location will be under Class Notes.
Possible class notes include:
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate according to scheduled days & times.
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate according to scheduled days & times. In-Person testing required – dates TBD
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate one day a week – day TBD – see course syllabus
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate for lecture and in-person for lab – see course syllabus
- Class will meet in-person according to scheduled days and times
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate or in-person according to scheduled days & times – see course syllabus