Your First Semester of Tuition On Us
Thanks for reaching out!
Thanks for applying for our free tuition scholarship for the Spring 2022 semester! Our financial aid and admissions teams are working hard to review your application and will be in touch soon.
Applications received after Nov. 15 will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis, contingent upon availability of funds.
If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to reach out, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll help get you answers.
FREE TUITION FOR FIRST-TIME STUDENTS
Interested students must:
- Fill out an application for admission at Gateway and have a complete admissions file.
- Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA and have a complete financial aid file (you don't have to be eligible for aid).
- Apply for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship (not required if pursuing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree; and do not need to enroll in Work Ready Eligible program)
- Apply for your free semester of tuition.
- Meet with an advisor and enroll in at least six Gateway credit hours by November 29, 2021.
- Take your free spring semester classes.
- Be on your way to a Better Life.
- First time Gateway/KCTCS student or have been gone for over a year.
- Complete a 2021-2022 FAFSA application (you don't need to be eligible for aid).
- If you are a Kentucky resident, complete the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship Application (not required if pursuing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree). You do not need to enroll in a Work Ready eligible program to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Be enrolled as a credential-seeking student, taking courses toward earning a college credential. Only courses required in degree program are eligible for free tuition.
- Apply for free tuition scholarship by November 15, 2021.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six Gateway credit hours at the time award is made and have Gateway listed as home campus.
- Must be enrolled in classes by November 29, 2021.
This is a “last-dollar in” tuition only scholarship, meaning after all other financial aid or third-party payments (excluding student loans) are applied, the scholarship will cover the remaining tuition balance. Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Courses must be offered by Gateway - tuition for courses offered by other KCTCS colleges will not be covered.
Previous Gateway or KCTCS students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
Exclusions: Other KCTCS college students, visiting students and current high school students are ineligible.