How is your course being offered?
Are your classes live stream or in-person?
Our classes are being offered in a variety of formats.
Most lecture type classes that were previously scheduled for face-to-face will now be interactive live streamed through Blackboard Collaborate. Interactive live stream courses, also known as remote synchronous, offer the same benefits of as in-person classes such as real time interaction with your professor and classmates but with the advantage of being able to participate from anywhere with reliable internet access. You will meet via Blackboard Collaborate on the scheduled days and times.
You can see what format your classes will be by visiting your Student Self Service.
- Go to mypath.kctcs.edu
- Click the “Student Self Service” tile
- Click the “Student Center” tile
- Click on "KCTCS Schedule"
- Details about class location will be under Class Notes.
Possible class notes include:
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate according to scheduled days & times.
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate according to scheduled days & times. In-Person testing required – dates TBD
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate one day a week – day TBD – see course syllabus
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate for lecture and in-person for lab – see course syllabus
- Class will meet in-person according to scheduled days and times
- Class will meet remotely via Blackboard Collaborate or in-person according to scheduled days & times – see course syllabus
- Complete Online Course
If you do not have access to a computer at home, computer labs will be available at the Boone and Edgewood Campuses and at the Center for Technology, Innovation and Enterprise building at the Urban Metro Campus where you will be able to comply with all of the CDC guidelines to help you stay safe and healthy.
Lab or hands-on courses will be offered on-campus following all CDC guidelines (barring any disruptions from pandemic response).