Project Aspire (SSS/Trio)
Quick Reference Guide
Tier One Service Topics:
Project ASPIRE is a federally funded (TRIO Student Support Service) program whose mission is to work with first generation and/or Pell eligible students to help them successfully reach their goals at Gateway and possibly transfer to complete a bachelor degree at a four-year university. The services we provide are based on 1) what you tell us you need and 2) what we see in your academic progress.
- personalized academic advising and coaching
- writing and math support
- Financial aid information
- short-term personal counseling
- assistance in the transfer process
- career goal clarification
- assistance with resume writing and interviewing skills
- managing your money
- social and cultural activities
- access to student coaches
First-generation student (neither parent completed a 4-year degree) and/or income guidelines are met.
- Applications are available in the Information Commons at each campus. (file drawer with FAQ’s)
- Apply at Project ASPIRE office, Suite 214, Two Rivers Building, 525 Scott Blvd.
- Online Project ASPIRE application (formerly known as SSS) on the Gateway website