Application for Nursing Transfer Students to Gateway’s Nursing Program
APPLICATION FOR NURSING PROGRAM (Transfer Student) Fall 2023 COHORT
The deadline to apply for the Fall 2023 Nursing Cohort is Sunday, April 30, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in applying to Gateway’s Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Please make sure you have completed all mandatory requirements before applying. Steps in the process include, but not limited to:
- Attendance at advising appointment with Jennifer Wong to discuss requirements and
procedures for transferring to Gateway's Nursing program.
- Completion of all pre-requisites or in process to be completed by the end of Summer 2023.
- Applicants must provide written notification to the GCTC Director of Nursing stating the anticipated entry date and reason for transfer.
- The applicant should request two professional letters of recommendation written on
official school letterhead, indicating the applicant's good standing to be emailed
to the attention of the Director of Nursing and Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org; letters should be from:
- The previous nursing program's administrator, and
- A clinical Instructor who taught the applicant, or
- A didactic instructor who taught the applicant.
- Please be prepared to answer the following questions in less than 500 words. You will
not be able to save the form and return.
- Describe how your past professional experiences will help you in nursing school.
- Describe your most recognized attributes or strengths.
After applying, please book your Transfer Challenge Test.
If you have additional questions, please contact Jennifer Wong at email@example.com.