You decide the career -
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, or High School teacher
Get a great start here at Gateway with smaller class sizes and professors who know your name. You get the individual attention you want and deserve. At Gateway, you pay less and get more.
Teaching is not only a fulfilling career, but it also can become your lifetime passion. There are many benefits of starting your ED Program at Gateway to complete a teaching degree, including:
- Flexible transfer program, allowing you to pursue an education degree for any grade level - early childhood, elementary, middle and high school
- Various transfer options - You may transfer to a 4-year college of your choice to complete a teaching degree because your Gateway degree is transferrable
- Starting with the Gateway Education Program will defray the cost of a college education
- Earn your Commonwealth Child Care Credential, CDA, and the Kentucky Director's Credential along the way to your associate degree in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education.
- Evening and hybrid courses available for Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education program courses
- If pursing Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education, you may qualify for free school if you work in a Kentucky childcare setting for at least 20 hours per week.
What are my degree options?
Whether you want to teach Pre-K or K-12, we have the following degree and certificate options for you!
- Kentucky Child Care Provider
- Child Care Assistant
- Early Childhood Administrator
- School Age Child Care
- Advising Certificate Plan for All Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Certificates
Can I Continue My Education after Gateway?
Yes! Graduates of the Education program have gone on to Northern Kentucky University, the University of Cincinnati, Asbury University, and several other institutions. You can go on to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in in Elementary Education, Middle Grades Education, Secondary Education, and other related fields. Learn more about Gateway’s Transfer Services and opportunities here.
- NKU – Elementary Education
- NKU – Middle Grades Education English/Social Studies
- NKU – Middle Grades Education Math/Science
- NKU – Secondary Education Biological Sciences
- NKU – Secondary Education Chemistry
- NKU – Secondary Education English
- NKU – Secondary Education Mathematics
- NKU – Secondary Education Social Studies
- NKU – Secondary Education Spanish
- Western Governor’s University – Elementary, Middle, and Secondary
Length of Program
These programs can be completed in two years if you maintain full-time status. General education classes should be taken along with curriculum classes.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.