What is Enhanced Operator?
The Enhanced Operator Certificate Program is a short-term industry credential program offered in two parts to allow for individual selection of desired content. Enhanced Operator 1 is designed for those with little to no industry experience and prepares them for entry-level positions. Enhanced Operator 2 continues into more advanced content and is ideal for front-line supervisors. Upon successful completion of Enhanced Operator 1, students will be awarded 6 college credit hours and the Enhanced Operator 1 certificate. Upon successful completion of Enhanced Operator 2, students will be awarded the remaining 8 college credit hours and the Enhanced Operator 2 Certificate and will have the option of obtaining Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification (at an additional cost). NOTE: For those students who wish to continue their education in pursuit of an associate degree, the Enhanced Operator Certificate will count towards the Manufacturing Engineering Technology Associate in Applied Science program.
The Enhanced Operator Certificate will be delivered as a competency-based program. Key elements and benefits of this program include:
- Industry-driven program to produce entry level multi-skilled technicians that are in demand by many NKY companies
- Online learning that works into your schedule
- Hands-on learning that demonstrates real world application
- Remediation encompassed in curriculum
- Curriculum is designed for self-paced progress
- Diagnostic testing opportunities to test out of modules based on knowledge and experience
- Networking with local employers
Enhanced Operator 1 Milestones
- Safety (1 credit hour – ISX1001)
- Workplace Principles (1 credit hour – WPP2001)
- Hand & Power Tools with Mechanical Principles & Linkages (1 credit hour – IET1206)
- Lean Manufacturing & Simulation (2 credit hours – MFG175)
- Problem Solving (1 credit hour – IET1304)
Enhanced Operator 2 Milestones
- Applied Math (3 credit hours – MAT110)
- Metrology & Control Charts (2 credit hours – CMM118)
- Quality Management Systems & Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (3 credit hours – QMS101)
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.