Do you want to be an Advertising Manager, Social Media Specialist, or Market Research Analyst?
Are you a skilled communicator with an artistic flair and interested in diving into data? Are you a leader, self-motivated, but also love working with a diverse team?
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FROM HERE!
Marketers are the brains behind getting the word out about their organization’s products or services. Those working in marketing and advertising monitor market trends, create advertising campaigns, develop pricing strategies and targeting strategies based on demographic data and work with the company to develop more awareness of what they offer.
How to begin work as an Advertising Manager, Social Media Specialist, or Market Research Analyst
The typical entry-level degree for marketing is a bachelor’s degree. A starting point for students interested in eventually pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business is the Business Transfer Certificate.
Here's Your Starting Point!
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- MAT 161: Statistics and Algebra
- BAS 267: Business Law
- FYE 105: Achieving Academic Success
- STA 251: Statistics
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- ECO 201: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 202: Principles of Macroeconomics
Build Upon This and Pursue More
The Associate in Arts degree puts you on the path to a bachelor’s degree in marketing. You will complete your required General Education coursework and pre-major coursework. Work with your academic advisor to choose the right electives for wherever you want to transfer! Below is one way you could complete the Associate in Arts degree after completing the Business Transfer Certificate.
- COM 181: Basic Public Speaking
- ENG 101: Writing I
- MAT 165: Finite Mathematics
- BAS 282: Principles of Marketing
- PHI 150: Business Ethics
- PSY 110: General Psychology
- BIO 112: Introduction to Biology
- BIO 113: Introduction to Biology Laboratory
- MUS 222: History & Sociology of Rock Music
- ENG 102: Writing II
- OST 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- HIS 101: World Civilization I
Take it a step futher
Transfer to a four-year school
Once you’ve completed the Associate in Arts and completed your General Education coursework and pre-major coursework, you’re ready to transfer to the four-year college or university of your choice!
Get Started Now
Apply to Gateway to get enrolled and started on your new career. Or contact the Program Coordinator for more information.