Do you want to be a Financial Analyst or Financial Planner
Are you interested in investments? Do you have good analytical skills, love to crunch numbers, and want to apply these skills to corporate and individual finances?
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FROM HERE!
Financial analysts are responsible for tracking a company's financial performance against a plan, analyzing business performance and market conditions to create forecasts, and helping senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing periodic reports.
How to Become Financial Analyst or Financial Planner
The typical entry-level degree for a financial planner or financial analyst is a bachelor’s degree. A starting point for students interested in eventually pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business is the Business Transfer Certificate.
Here's Your Starting Point!
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- MAT 161: Statistics and Algebra
- BAS 267: Business Law
- FYE 105: Achieving Academic Success
- STA 251: Statistics
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- ECO 201: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 202: Principles of Macroeconomics
Build Upon This and Pursue More
Your next step would be an Associate in Arts degree. This degree puts you on the path to a bachelor’s degree in management. You will complete your required General Education coursework and pre-major coursework. Work with your academic advisor to choose the right electives for wherever you want to transfer! Below is one way you could complete the Associate in Arts degree after completing the Business Transfer Certificate.
- COM 181: Basic Public Speaking
- ENG 101: Writing I
- MAT 165: Finite Mathematics
- BAS 282: Principles of Marketing
- PHI 150: Business Ethics
- PSY 110: General Psychology
- BIO 112: Introduction to Biology
- BIO 113: Introduction to Biology Laboratory
- MUS 222: History & Sociology of Rock Music
- ENG 102: Writing II
- OST 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- HIS 101: World Civilization I
Take it a step futher
Transfer to a four-year school
Once you’ve completed the Associate in Arts and completed your General Education coursework and pre-major coursework, you’re ready to transfer to the four-year college or university of your choice!
Get Started Now
Apply to Gateway to get enrolled and started on your new career. Or contact the Program Coordinator for more information.