Do you want to be a Business Analyst, Enterprise Systems Manager, or Data Analyst?
Do you have a knack for working with people, but also like working with computers and delving into data? Are you organized, goal-oriented, and work well in groups?
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FROM HERE!
Business informatics is a specialty that integrates business science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge and wisdom. Business informatics centers around creating programming and equipment frameworks which ultimately provides the organization with effective operation based on information technology application.
How to begin work as a Business Analyst, Enterprise Systems Manager, or Data Analyst
Business Informatics roles vary in their entry-level qualifications, but most will require a bachelor’s degree. A starting point for students interested in eventually pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business informatics is the Business Transfer Certificate.
Here's Your Starting Point!
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- MAT 161: Statistics and Algebra
- BAS 267: Business Law
- FYE 105: Achieving Academic Success
- STA 251: Statistics
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- ECO 201: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 202: Principles of Macroeconomics
Build Upon This and Pursue More
The Associate in Arts degree puts you on the path to a bachelor’s degree in marketing. You will complete your required General Education coursework and pre-major coursework. Work with your academic advisor to choose the right electives for wherever you want to transfer! Below is one way you could complete the Associate in Arts degree after completing the Business Transfer Certificate.
- COM 181: Basic Public Speaking
- ENG 101: Writing I
- INF120: Elementary Programming
- BAS 282: Principles of Marketing
- PHI 150: Business Ethics
- PSY 110: General Psychology
- BIO 112: Introduction to Biology
- BIO 113: Introduction to Biology Laboratory
- MUS 222: History & Sociology of Rock Music
- ENG 102: Writing II
- OST 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- HIS 101: World Civilization I
Take it a step futher
Transfer to a four-year school
Once you’ve completed the Associate in Arts and completed your General Education coursework and pre-major coursework, you’re ready to transfer to the four-year college or university of your choice!