Welcome to Gateway2NKU!
Gateway2NKU program is a dual enrollment partnership between Gateway Community & Technical College and Northern Kentucky University. The program is designed for Gateway students who intend to complete an associate degree at Gateway and then transfer to NKU for a bachelors degree.
There are many benefits to the program:
- Students are eligible to take up to 12 credit hours (four courses) of major and pre-major coursework at NKU while pursuing their associate degree at Gateway
- Students pay Gateway tuition rate for those NKU classes.
- Students will be assigned a transfer advisor from NKU to assist with registration and provide personalized academic advising
- Students are guaranteed admission to NKU upon completion of their associate degree with all general education requirements fulfilled.
- Students receive priority registration at NKU
- Students can apply to live in NKU residence halls, park on NKU campus at a reduced rate, attend sporting events and other student activities for free, participate in intramural sports and Greek life, and access student health services. (There are fees for some services.)
- Student application and transcript fees are waived at the time of transfer application.
- Students will be admitted to NKU with Junior standing.
A student will notify the Transfer Services at Gateway when they apply to graduate. A transcript will be sent at no cost from Gateway to NKU for admissions processing. A student will need to request a final transcript from Gateway once they receive their final grades from Gateway.
For questions about enrolling in the program, contact the Gateway Transfer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-815-7681. For information at NKU services and advising, contact the NKU Transfer Services Office at 859-572-5220.
A student in the Gateway2NKU program must be enrolled at least part-time (6 hours) each semester at Gateway (summers excluded) and remain in good academic standing which means maintaining a minimum 2.0 GPA. A student whose GPA is below 2.0 for two consecutive semesters will be removed from the program. A student can appeal for reinstatement once their GPA rises above a 2.0. Students also must select one of the Academic Pathways to a bachelors degree undecided students are not eligible to participate in the Gateway2NKU program.
Begin your application above. Applications are also available in the Gateway Transfer Services. A student completes the application and returns it to the Gateway Transfer Services. Once a students application is verified, NKU will send the student information about orientation, advising, services, etc. Students will then attend an Orientation on NKU's campus to receive further instructions. Deadlines for benefits eligibility at NKU:
- Fall Semester eligibility: application due by August 1.
- Spring Semester eligibility: application due by December 1.
- Summer term eligibility: application due by May 1.
There is no cost to apply or participate in the program. Some services at NKU, such as student health and parking, require an additional fee.
Please note: Students will pay Gateway rates for their NKU pathway courses. The bill for the NKU class will initially show NKU rates but will be modified to the current Gateway tuition rate once the students financial aid is received. For questions about billing of NKU courses, please contact the NKU Transfer Services at 859-572-5547 or email@example.com
Students must request an official copy of their NKU transcript be sent to the registrars office at Gateway to receive credit for their NKU courses. There is a $7 fee for an official transcript.
Information is available here: http://inside.nku.edu/registrar/transcripts.html